One of the things that I LOVE about summer is the amazing fruit and vegetables that are available!!
I also LOVE pancakes, and different kinds always makes my day.
Here's a recipe that I conjured up today, and they turned out DELICIOUS!!
Cherry Pie Pancakes
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/4 C Milk
3 Tbsp melted butter
approximately 1/4 C finely chopped cherries, pitted
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
2. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add milk, egg and room temperature melted butter. Stir well.
3. Gently add in cherries and almond extract.
4. Cook on greased griddle or in frying pan over medium low heat until golden brown and easy to flip.
Turn over and cook other side until golden brown.
5. Serve with desired condiments.
(I served mine with homemade cherry jam that was heated until syrupy and whipped cream.)